- Dish Type Salad
- Occasion Weeknight Dinner
- Cut Pork Belly
- Serves 4-6
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 5 mins
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 8 wonton wrappers, cut into strips
- 1 Family Chef Roast Pork
- 1 telegraph cucumber, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 small capsicum, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 ruby grapefruit, cut into segments
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pickled pink ginger
- 1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- SPICED PLUM DRESSING
- 1/3 cup bottled plum sauce marinade
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
Purchase your pre cooked Belly roast from your local Indi Supermarket deli.
Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Deep-fry wonton strips, in batches, for 30 seconds or until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
Remove crackle from the pork roast. Cut crackle into 2cm pieces. Thinly slice pork.
Arrange the cucumber, carrot, capsicum, lettuce, grapefruit, shallots, ginger, pork, pork crackle and fried wonton strips in separate piles on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with the peanuts.
Make Spiced Plum Dressing: Place the plum and soy sauces, lemon juice, sesame oil and five-spice in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp warm water. Whisk to combine. Serve dressing with salad.