- Dish Type Roast
- Occasion Weeknight Dinner
- Cut Rolled Leg
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 5 mins
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Family Chef Roast Pork
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 225g can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, thinly sliced
- 3 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed
- 1/3 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
purchase your pre cooked roast from your local Indi Supermarket deli
Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water over high heat for 3 mins or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under warm water then drain well.
Meanwhile, combine the coconut cream, peanut butter, sauces, lime juice, garlic and 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 mins or until sauce thickens slightly.
Remove crackle from the pork. Cut crackle into 1cm pieces. Thinly slice pork; then cut into matchstick-sized pieces. Toss pork with the shallots and water chestnuts.
Place the lettuce leaves on serving plates. Top with the noodles and pork mixture. Drizzle over the satay sauce. Serve sprinkled with the peanuts, chilli and coriander.