- Dish Type BBQ Or Grill
- Occasion Weeknight Dinner
- Cut Fillet
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- 600g Jap pumpkin, deseeded, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tsp Finely grated lemon rind
- 600g Pork fillet, trimmed
- 1 Red capsicum, chopped coarsely
- 400g Can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup Chicken stock
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Chopped pistachio kernels, toasted
Preheat oven to 180°C. Toss the pumpkin, onion, cumin and half the garlic and oil in a bowl. Arrange pumpkin mixture in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the honey. Roast for 20 mins.
Meanwhile, combine the Moroccan seasoning, lemon rind and the remaining garlic and oil in a bowl. Add the pork and toss to coat in oil mixture. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the pork, turning, for 5 mins or until browned all over.
Add the capsicum and chickpeas to the pumpkin mixture. Drizzle with the stock. Top with the pork. Roast for 20-25 mins or until the pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve sprinkled with coriander and nuts.
TIP: Pork loin steaks can be used for this recipe. Follow recipe as above, reducing the pork roasting time to 10-12 mins.
SERVE WITH: Lemon wedges, if desired.