The Ideal cuts for a stir-fry are fillet, loin and leg. These cuts can be diced, minced or cut into portioned strips ready for stir-frying. When cutting meat, always ensure you cut the meat across the grain.
Preheat wok to a high temperature. The wok is ready when a heat haze is visible. Cook strips, diced pieces or mince on a high heat for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Have all your ingredients chopped prior to commencing cooking
- Ensure all ingredients are roughly equal in size to ensure cooking is even
- Add the ingredients that take longer to cook first such as onions, celery and carrots
- Always have your wok nice and hot
- Try not to burn the oil as this may affect the taste of the meat
- Cook in small batches (200g) to keep the heat in your wok.